December 2, 2007
- There is no sales tax.
- Coffee shops have free wi-fi. Period. Oh, and my favorite americano and bagel combination costs less than at Juna’s in Ithaca as a result of the lack of sales tax. Oh, and the coffee here is good. Really, really good. Better than Gimme. Sorry, Gimme.
- I pay $45 more per month for a house that is 1000% more livable than my previous apartment.
- Pabst Blue Ribbon isn’t an option. It’s a staple.
- I was at a crosswalk, and the cars stopped for me. They have to. By law.
- There’s a multi-acre park on a main boulevard. The trees in the park are taller than the shops.
- I have never seen greener grass in my life.